Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68790 by dmartens
Tue May 03, 2016 7:47 am
Is there a way to save the defaults we want when exporting files to dwg? I set them in my default drawing but they always revert back. Thank you.
#68793 by dmartens
Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 am
Thanks Neil but I need the defaults for exporting to dwg not importing. I thought they would be saved with my default drawing but that isn't the case. It's a pain having to check and uncheck the boxes every time we export a drawing. We always want knockouts on (default is off - not sure why) and don't want 3D entities decomposed to 3D faces.
#68794 by Roger D
Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 am
Have you tried the DcadWin.ini file under the DXF_DWG Section

Code: Select all[DXF_DWG]
BackwardTextFlag=TRUE
Bind XRefs to Symbols=TRUE
Custom Lines=TRUE
Explode 3D=FALSE
Flatten All Entities=TRUE
Interactive=TRUE
KnockOut Borders On=True
Last Export=1
Merge Symbol Layers=TRUE
Process XREFs=TRUE
PROCESS_PAPERSPACE=TRUE
Self Xrefs Only=FALSE
Settings File=TRANSFER.INI
TBL File=FALSE
ToAbsZero=FALSE
Validate Entities On Import=TRUE
XRef Export=FALSE
#68796 by MtnArch
Tue May 03, 2016 12:09 pm
Make sure that you have your color palette set for the translation to DWG.

For those who don't know it is NOT a straight color-to-color translation (ie. green to green, brown to brown, etc.), and the colors that you choose to be translated to in Acad may not be an exact match if you're trying to have them be the same visually on screen. You should also create a CTB file in Acad that assigns the pens to the appropriate translated colors - it will be easier for who you are sending the DWG file to when they try to print it on their end.