Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5480 by Archsign
Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:27 pm
How many forum board members does it take to change a light bulb? 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bu
structure, muscle mass, genetics, and risk factors as sociated with your weight. Here?s a fact that goes Than, seizing on the swinging tail Chapter 2 35 DIET AND EXERCISE DIARIES
tide remains elusive, but depends on SU next carbon atom in the vertical chain has movement in fission yeast, Science 264
degeneration of the cholinergic neurons, of mouse Fbw7 may clarify its role in signals during exercise is thought to
Last edited by Archsign on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
#5481 by MtnArch
Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:34 pm
Archsign -

If you will e-mail me one of your problem drawings I will see what it does when I try and open it in DC 11 (I also run XP).

Here's my e-mail : athendry@netzero.net

Some of the items that others (ie. Neil) may ask about your setup is:
- Is the file originally a V10 file or a V11 file?
- How big is the file?
- What is the version of DC that you're running?
- How much RAM, HD size and the processor that you are running?
- How much HD space do you have left?
- Is XP upgraded to the current SP2?
#5484 by RPadgett
Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:16 am
Be sure you install the latest hardware key drivers (from datacad website)
#5499 by Archsign
Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:37 pm
Thanks for the fast replies.
Alan, as you requested -
file is originally a v11 file
Datacad is version 11.07.00 Downloaded this week
File is approx 1.9mb in size
Problem system is - amd athlon 64 processor 1.8ghz with 80gb hard disk and 1gb of ram. currently has 75gb available on hard disk
Xp is upgraded to latest specs this week also.

We has been experimenting in the office with opening the files on the xp systems. One problem file can be opened on one xp system, which is a P4 3ghz with 512 ram, however when we try opening it on the problem system, we get error msgs or the system crashes altogether. We have tried purging the drawing and creating a new one, which doesnt work, as well as exporting the job to an autocad file, then importing it into a new doc. This drawing will open, but when we close then re-open it, it will not open.

Alan, we will be sending you a zipped file of one of the problem jobs. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Kristian
Archsign
Melbourne, Australia
#5500 by MtnArch
Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:11 am
Kristian -

I'm not sure what is going on with your problem machine, but I was able to open up the file on an Intel P2.5 box (1GB of RAM), and my Sony Vaio Athlon 4 1GHz notebook (with only 256mb RAM).

I haven't tried to draw anything or delete anything, but I did pan and zoom quite a bit, and flipped through your GTV's - no problems on either setup.

I'm at a loss, other than to suggest that you delete DC from the problem box, then completely re-install it. Neil may have some other ideas, if he catches this thread.

Sorry that I couldn't be more help.
#5553 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:21 am
Hello,

Since it is just one on the new WinXP machines, it seems to indicate something is different on this machine's settings. Check any firewall settings, user "clearance" settings -- was the user setting during the DataCAD installation different? Also, if the drawings are on a server, depending on the server's OS, there may be a network setting that is different?

How about other programs on this "problem" machine? does it have full access to the Internet and to the local network?
#5557 by joe
Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:00 pm
What operating system is your server running? I can't tell from your original post if your server is running 98 or something else.

If you have a Novell server, let me know. I had different but similar issues related the the version of Novell Client we were running.
#5562 by Dave
Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:18 am
Have you tried copying the file to your local hd on the xp machine. If it opens ok from there I'd say a network problem. Are the win98 machines just using TCP/IP or are they using NetBeui

Regards Dave