Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5529 by Vmorris1
Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:21 am
Good Morning,

I am currently running ver. 11.07.00. I have notice lately something unusual with the dimensioning process. I generally use associative with the Dir.Distance function. What seem to be happening are my sub-dimensions some times will not add up to my overall dimension. As an example if overall = 26’-8” the subs end up as 21’8 1¼” , 4’-11 1½”

Is there something I can do maybe in the property section to force the sub dimensions to add up to the overall? :)
#5534 by MtnArch
Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:21 pm
You can set rounding by going into Utility/Dimensions/Linear/Dim.Style/Rounding/RoundIt.

Personally I have stopped using the DirDist because it seems to throw in small errors, both in lengths/distances as well as the direction. I have switched to RelPol (Relative Polar).

HTH
#5535 by WizArtist
Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:59 pm
I typically use the relative cartesian method and have the dimension precision set to 1/2" otherwise those little errors tend to crop up. I have found often that you can "nudge" the point that you are dimensioning to over 1/4" and it will tend to fix the distance in the dimension. It's a pain, but when you are having to correct other people's drafting, it is quicker than REdrafting.
#5540 by Vmorris1
Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:58 pm
Thanks for getting back to me Alan & WizArtist.

Your suggestions seems to work. I am not ready to give up on Dir.Distance just yet, but changing Precision from ¼” to ½” makes it a little more tolerable.