Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70791 by esme103
Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:43 pm
When I go to print/plot in order to save as a pdf and then go to an existing sheet that I have updated, the program goes back to the grey start up screen. This only happens with a particular sheet, "2".
What do I do? Thanks
#70792 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:15 pm
Not sure if v16 has the Purge tool or not, but if it does, maybe try purging the file? See page 94 of the Datacad manual.
#70793 by Roger D
Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:18 pm
There was an issue once with v19 after a Window10 update that I think did that. Try making your dcad printer/plotter the windows default printer and then start the program again.
#70794 by esme103
Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:41 pm
I looked up old methods of purging files and followed the instructions. Datacad 16 does have a purge choice in the File menu. I did as the author recommended and checked all the appropriate boxes but then the program would not let me go back to the file drop down menu without closing the pop-up window that was open. I chose "save as aec" as instructed and did get a new drawing but it was the same as the old one with the same problem. The purge choices had not worked I guess because I could not leave open the purge pop-up window and go back to the File drop down menu.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks
#70795 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:22 pm
You could try cutting and pasting your drawing into a new AEC file and see if that allows you to print to PDF.