Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5579 by Viosca Architects
Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:28 pm
I've had to reinstall Windows XP on a machine and as a result am reinstalling Datacad9. During the installation the sotware tries to load the hardware lock for Windows 95-98 and NT etc.. I tell it to go ahead and everything apparently goes fine. Then when I go to open Datacad I get this error message "Hardlock API error code 19".

I've been to the Datacad web site and downloaded new drivers for xp. Again the installation seems to go fine but when I go to open Datacad, I get the same error message.

Help?
#5594 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:21 pm
Hello Viosca,

Have you made a "cold" restart of your machine ?

If this keeps the same behavior. Try to download the updated hardlock driver to another machine and copy it from there to install it later.
If this behave differently I'll tell you a story that happened to me today.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5615 by Viosca Architects
Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:01 pm
Tried it, no difference. I even uninstalled Datacad and the hardlock drivers. Downloaded the drivers to our server and reinstalled everything, loading the hardlock drivers directly off of the server.

Any other ideas?
#5619 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:02 pm
One: Before installing DataCAD, your machine were setup as 'Administrator' ?

XP inherits the Windows 2000 behavior, to prevent accidental changes on the Windows folder.
There is another problem for DC 9 that no more exists in DC 11: the DCADWIN.INI file were placed in the '\Windows' folder at there and now is placed in the '\DataCAD' folder.
This file is updated everytime you enter DataCAD and its access must be free to the DataCAD .exe engine.

Another: Do you have a network printer installed in this machine ?
Try to uninstall it and reinstall it again.

Hope some can help.
Miguel
#5635 by Guest
Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:37 am
We have two customers with same promblem. We could not solve these problems.
#5642 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:07 am
Hello,

Are you updating to the latest version of v9? If this still doesn't work, then you may have to upgrade to v11 -- because v9 came out before we got WinXP? I have not tried to install v9 on any machine with WinXP -- Win2K was the newest Windows when v9 was current, IIRC.
#5644 by Guest
Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:19 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:... then you may have to upgrade to v11 -- because v9 came out before we got WinXP?

In our office, I use DC9 on WinXP SP2 without problem. I don't know, perhaps, because I use English WinXP but they uses Hungarian WinXP??? The different language version? The regional settings same both of us. :?: :?:
#5658 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:56 pm
Frank wrote:...I don't know, perhaps, because I use English WinXP but they uses Hungarian WinXP??? The different language version? The regional settings same both of us.

No Frank, there is no problem with the translated Windows.
We use here the Portuguese version and works all fine, since Versions 8, 8.50, 9, 9 LT, 10, 10LT, 11 & 11 LT.
All do fine.

Could you please detail a bit more your two cases ?
I'd like to rebuild the problem here to see if is there anything we can make to help.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5663 by Viosca Architects
Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:01 pm
We believe we have found the problem.

Apparently we are trying to use a pre-9 hardlock. As soon as we find the correct hardlock we'll try it out and let everyone know. Sorry to waste everyone's time.