Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5600 by Rudy Smolders
Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:39 am
My drawingscale is normally set to millimeters. When I go Identify a line in the drawing the length of that line is displayed in feet. Why is that and how can I change it so it will be displayed also in millimeters?
Same with Z heigth/base, which is shown in meters.
I have worked with Datacad since V.4 but have never encountered this before. I can't find anything in the manual, so my only hope is the good people on the forum to give me a answer. Thank you.
#5601 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:46 am
Hello Rudy,

There are two scale types in DataCAD, realigned now in Version 11.

When you are "dimensionning" your drawing, the scale type is that one set on [Settings/scale Type]

When you are "measuring" or "identifying" any entity, the scale type is that one located inside [Measures/Area Per./Scale Type].

This is an option offered by DataCAD, to get presentation standards separated from measuring units.
Ir makes easier handling this data. If you find better, you can make coincident both scale types, or not.

Thanks,
Miguel