Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5630 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:15 pm
Hello,

3D Menus/Hide/Options/Delete Dbl. (and Join, too). Right click once, and toggle on Save Image. Then click Begin, and F3 Layer File, name it.

With the layer you want to replace set to active, open the Layer menu, click Import, delete the active layer (with all of it's duplicate entites), and then select the layer file that you just saved.

That should do it. The caveat is curves -- they may be lots of little segments, and it may be best to "trace" them with 3-pont arcs?
#5632 by Vmorris1
Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:44 pm
Hello Neil,

Thanks again. I will try this out right away. Sidebar, Some one told me that with the release of 11.08 Datacad would be more user friendly toward Sketchup. Do you think that would extend to this current challenge?
#5633 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:47 pm
I'm not positive, but I do not think that the sketch up tie will be in 11.08. but it could happen. We'll have to wait and see.
#5676 by Vmorris1
Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:01 pm
Hello Josh

Thanks for getting back to me, prehaps its more likly to happen in version 12. :roll: