Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71997 by KAYLADAMS
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:01 pm
Hello,
I posted on another board but figured I would try here since this is for DataCAD 16. I am running DataCAD on parallels 11 and I am having problems with my text looking blotchy and foreign when I zoom out and when I zoom in, it looks like a 5 year old wrote out an entire Appendix B.
Can anyone shed some light on what might be the issue?

Thanks
#72002 by Mark Bell
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 pm
It could be that you have entered the text a few light years away from DataCAD's absolute zero point in the drawing as this will create text with the shakes.

To fix; toggle your input method to Abs. Polar (use the icon menu or press the Insert key on your keyboard to scroll through the 5 options), left click anywhere on the screen to start drawing a line, press enter twice and a line will be drawn to where absolute zero is. Do a zoom extents and this will show where everything else in your drawing is relative to abs. zero. You now need to move everything else close to this point. Remember to toggle your input back to what you previously had it.