Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5698 by Jeff Moore
Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:54 pm
I just updated to 11.08. Now my text has an insertion point shown. I can't seem to find where you can turn this off anywhere. Help please.

Thanks.
Jeff Moore
CMK Architects
#5701 by Jeff Moore
Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:35 pm
It shows the same small x as a symbol shows for its insertion point. So for every text line it shows the x at the far bottom left @ the start of the text line, regardless if I am in the text menu. It's always on.
On one of the other machines here at the office it doesn't show. It has to be a setting. I may try rebooting my machine to see if that does anything.

Thanks.
#5705 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:49 pm
It's always on? Hmmm, I don't think that there's a toggle anywhere for that. Might be a bug. If you hit U to regen outside the text menu does it still show? What font are you using?
#5706 by devinder
Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:49 pm
Hi,
Could you email a copy of your dcadwin.ini from DataCAD 11 folder to techsupport@datacad.com and we will take a look.
#5710 by Jeff Moore
Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:28 pm
Thanks Devinder. The new file you sent back to me did the trick.

Thanks again.
#5720 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:56 pm
Hello Devinder,

Would you like to share the fixing with us ?
It is always useful to know unpredictable behaviors.

TIA,
Miguel