Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5730 by Vmorris1
Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:37 am
Good morning,

Is there a way other than logging out of a drawing file, to stop/start the session clock? :)
#5732 by joshhuggins
Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:47 pm
It would be nice if there was a "ini"/program prefs option where if the system is inactive for a certin amount of time (no mouse movments/keystrokes) the Datacad clock would pause untill the user becomes active again.
#5733 by Vmorris1
Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:44 pm
Hello josh

Well so much for that! maybe in a future release it or something like that will be available via INI file. :roll:
#5745 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:33 am
Vmorris1 wrote:...Is there a way other than logging out of a drawing file, to stop/start the session clock?

Hello Morris and Josh,

This is easy and you can do it now.
Just create a "New" (blank) file and keep this as the currently active drawing. You can do the same opening another file which you are not computing time.

The clock from your other files will be stopped at that point.

[Edit: Remember you can use "Ctrl+Tab" keys to quick swap among loaded drawings.]

Thanks,
Miguel
#5752 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:22 am
It would just be nice to not have another drawing file open to have this feature. Maybe for v12 :)
#5754 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:57 am
joshhuggins wrote:...not have another drawing file open to have this feature. Maybe for v12

Totally agree with you Josh.

Miguel
#5787 by WizArtist
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:31 pm
I would also like to have a log showing inactive time. Say, when idle for over 5 minutes, log how long the drawing was open and nothing was done on it. I have problems in our office with individuals billing hours to projects when all they've done is open a drawing, scroll around the screen ever so often, then close it and bill 8 hours to it. Perhaps a counter that would show session length and commands performed &/or entities added or deleted.

Granted lighting a fire under these people or firing them would be my preferred option, but that authority hasn't been given to me.....YET.
#5790 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:54 pm
Maybe if this "clock" was database driven, there could be a tie in with timecard programs. At my old job, that would have been a godsend! But no more time cards for me! Hi any ADE.inc viewers!
#5791 by WizArtist
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:55 pm
You have a JOB? I thought you spent your entire day answering questions on this forum? :D
#5793 by Vmorris1
Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:43 pm
Hey Guys,

For sometime now I have been using a program called BillQuick which has a time clock but the program is very expensive. Just after I posted the question I found a simpler program someone else posted to this forum which I believe comes closer to what has been discussed so far.

The program is called "TraxTime" which after you install it, it places a small clock icon in the systray. When you are ready to work you right click on it and select punch-in, when you need to stop work on a drawing you punch-out. It keeps a running log of activities for as many jobs as you have running. I really like it because of the systray feature not found in the version of BillQuick I am currently running.

But still it would be nice if Datacad had something built-in. :wink:
#5830 by Dick Eades
Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:59 pm
You might want to think twice about implementing an automatic pause to the datacad clock feature. I don't use the clock anymore since I use TraxTime, but when I did, I would often open a drawing on a job and keep it open, if I was doing other non-CAD work on the project, just to keep track of the time.
#6008 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:05 am
Dick Eades wrote:...I don't use the clock anymore since I use TraxTime.

Hello Dick,

Can you inform the Website of this utility ?

TIA,
Miguel
#6019 by Dick Eades
Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:44 am
http://www.spudcity.com/
Spud City Software Co., home of TraxTime, Desktop Dozen, and Zip Code Genie software.
#6026 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:58 pm
Thank You Dick.

Very useful tool.

Miguel