Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73273 by bchrd
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 pm
The past few weeks seem to be hit and miss with the mirror tool/function. Don't recall this being an issue before.
I go to a model and pick a line to mirror about. I make sure the correct layer is on or I have layer search On. When I click on the entity I want copied with the mirror tool nothing copies. I have tried using Area as well, not just Entity and no luck. And Copy is ON so just not sure what is up. I have used this hundreds of times at a minimum with no problem and isn't just this current file I am having difficulties with. Can use some help/ideas. Thank you.
#73274 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm
bchrd wrote:The past few weeks seem to be hit and miss with the mirror tool/function. Don't recall this being an issue before.
I go to a model and pick a line to mirror about. I make sure the correct layer is on or I have layer search On. When I click on the entity I want copied with the mirror tool nothing copies. I have tried using Area as well, not just Entity and no luck. And Copy is ON so just not sure what is up. I have used this hundreds of times at a minimum with no problem and isn't just this current file I am having difficulties with. Can use some help/ideas. Thank you.

As I sit here working on DataCAD v20, could you tell me exactly which version of DataCAD are you using?

Dave
#73275 by bchrd
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 pm
I am using version X3 (13). I ended up closing the file and reopening and then I could mirror the part but this keeps happening and didn't use to. Hi