Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73365 by bchrd
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:41 am
I am having no luck in saving a 3d object I created with Boolean 3d feature after I modify the size.
I do Symbol Tools>Edit Symbol and then stretch the object I made previously into a longer version but I am doing something wrong when I go to save it. I try Save As and give it a new name but nothing seems to work.
I do not want to change that particular symbol as I still want to keep the original for several other instances. I have a feeling if I say OK to leaving it the same name it might change but then it would likely change in all of my models.
So I need to know what the procedure is for changing a Boolean created object, giving it a new name and letting the original remain with its name.
Thank you.
#73366 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:12 pm
I would Ctrl+Right click on the original symbol, Symbol Tools, Save As, in the drawing and save it to a new symbol. Then you can edit that new symbol as needed.