Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5764 by Heinrich
Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:37 am
I have a new copy of 11 on my home pc and I am wanting to set it up exactly like I have it set up at work. For some reason some of the commands do not want to function properly. Is it safe to just copy the .ini and .mcr files to replace those on my home pc? I know I’ll have to change the owner and serial # in the .ini file, but are there any other precautions I should take in doing this?

(One of the problems is the MultiRememberStatus in the .ini file does not exist in the one at home and I tried typing it in, but that didn’t work either)

Thanks

-Redd
#5766 by Tony Blasio
Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:16 am
I would warn to make sure the path is the same on both machines before you copy the INI file. Otherwise it should work fine.
#5776 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:56 pm
Heinrich wrote:...Is it safe to just copy the .ini and .mcr files to replace those on my home pc? I know I’ll have to change the owner and serial # in the .ini file, but are there any other precautions I should take in doing this?

Hello Redd,

You can copy .MCR file with no problem. If you copy both *.GUI files that will take your dialog and toolbars configurations from office.

The .INI requires more attention. Indeed, there is no serial # on .ini file. [Edit: Oops, there is!] You could use it entirely, but there are some points you should pay attention, like absolute 'path' like Tony's warning.
My suggestion is you copy your office .ini and take it into your home machine. Rename it a bit, to open both without conflict.
Open both in notepad (two windows side-by-side) and compare line by line.
Instead of typing, prefer to select, copy & paste from one .ini to the other.

You will learn a lot when comparing both .ini files.

Hope this helps.
Miguel