Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5835 by csteidel
Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:10 pm
Mark,
There does not seem to be one central place where all the codes we can use in Toolbar DTB files and Keyboard shortcut MCR files are listed and their uses and differences explained.

For example, the DDN site has a list of extended character codes, and at the end of this list are (14) 4-digit codes with # at the end (action codes?).

The V11 "what's new" lists (20) action codes (3 and 4 digits) in its DTB section... but no 2-digit ones like those found in the new v11 mcr file. Also those action codes don't correspond with the 2- and 3-digit "Built-in Menu Function Numbers" (also from the DDN).

Also, there seem to be new codes that are used in DTB files... the reference manual shows "L=" and "A=" codes, but now there is "B=" to take you to a symbol folder and recently a "V" was mentioned. Are there more we don't know about?

One of DataCAD's BEST features and one that has helped our office productivity tremendously is the ability to customize these files. If they were explained clearly, and a full list posted somewhere, maybe more people would attempt making their own toolbars and keyboard shortcuts.
#5836 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:28 pm
I kinda feel your pain. I am currently working on a simple guide for using the codes and how they apply for a Fresno. CA users group meeting (to be announced soon) and when I get it cleaned up, I will post it for everyone. But the main point is that there should be some more info on progaming on the net, but with Datacad going to Delphi, maybe we will see the community start to program a bit more and along with the new features may come better manuals/guides. I now I am excited about the next few versions of Datacad and what might be possible. I'll add some to my guide to address these topics you brought up. Keep on pluggin away!
#5846 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:21 am
Hello,

Perhaps it is time to think (for V12 of course) on an engine, something like the wonderful MS Word "Personalize", for acess to available icons and commands, built-in codes, extended character codes, action codes and variables codes.

The 'Best of the Worlds' if the backstage job could be leaved for the engine and the operator would only choose his preferences. We could create not only the main toolbars but context toolbars too.

If this is a job for the external programmers or an improvement for V12 itself, I'd like to hear from Dave or his teammates.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5853 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:27 am
Your right Miguel. Most of these types of customizations should be built-in at some level. If it's not in the LLC plans maybe a small app to write the dtb files. Have to see when the Delphi manual comes out, where it would be best to address this topic. Exciting!
#5857 by Philip Hart
Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:28 pm
Thank you, Mark - for the updated listings and links to Extended Character Codes and Built-In Menu Function Numbers.