Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5819 by Steve V
Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:03 pm
I'm working with an AutoCad file I imported into DC11, units set to 1" with the Move To Origin turned on. The drawing is to scale, but somehow it seems that the scale is off a little.

When drawing details with components under an inch in size, the cursor jumps all over the place, as if the Snap to Grid was turned on (it isn't). Circles and test display as very jagged lines. I have to use a much larger hatch scale than I usually use to achieve the same effect (dot hatch at a scale of say 2000 to get shading on a site plan at 1/16"= 1'-0" scale).

I figure this has to be a setting somewhere that I can't find. Any ideas?

Steve VanDyke
#5825 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Hello Steve,

Zoom closer to a drawing piece that you know its actual size and check it.
You will understand if it really came in the right scale.

The problem with AutoCAD is that you can't there set a scale type, but only a "drawing" unit.

If in the measurement above you find the measure in other scale, you should open it (import) again the original .DWG file.

But now, you will choose the other scale type when importing, before confirming the import config dialog.

Hope it helps,
Miguel