Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74483 by The Canuck
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am
Not sure if this is similar to some of the other issues people have been having with DataCAD crashing with Windows 10. Tuesday (yesterday) I was able to print no problem. Today, every time I click on the Plotter menu button, will cause the program to crash. Basically I go back to the last auto-save when I re-open the file. I thought maybe it was related to a single file. Nope, I have tried multiple files, as well as the file I was working on and printing yesterday.

Now I did change one line of code in DCADwin.ini file this morning - I removed one of the "Favorites" from the template list. That was the only thing I changed. Did this somehow cause it to crash? Seems unlikely, but you never know.

While I love DataCAD - I was hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be end result based off of what I have seen/heard others talk about. Here's to hoping there are other fixes.
#74484 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am
With the drawing open try using Ctrl+Shift+C to clear the printer settings and then try to go into your printer settings. If that doesn't help, check that there is a default printer set in Window's printer settings. The other day somehow I had no printer set as the default and that was causing a crash in Datacad when I tried to print.
#74486 by The Canuck
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:01 pm
Appears that did the trick... though I have now learned that half my printers are not recognized by DataCAD anymore. I am in the process of re-loading the printers and hopeful that I can get back to normal.

Thanks again for the help.