Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74539 by Richard Pace
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm
Using DC 15 and Win 10. When I create several Go to Views to use for mult-layout only the last created one shows in the window and none in dropdown. None are in the list of views in the muti-layout. Never had this before. Copied original file to new one but did not help. Even lost them in an older file I opened up. Help please.
#74540 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:32 pm
I don't recall ever hearing of this issue specifically, but I know there are issues with Datacad 15 and older versions on Windows 10. Version 16 and newer have a patch for Windows 10 support. Did you just upgrade to Windows 10 or has this been working before on Windows 10?
Richard Pace wrote:only the last created one shows in the window and none in dropdown.
What menu and drop down are you referring to?
#74546 by Richard Pace
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 pm
I did not have this problem before with DC 15 which was running Win 10 which an update from a previous version. I just bought a new computer with Win 10 already installed. This is the 1st project I have started using it. I have gone back to a project done before the new computer and put a previously created view into Multi-Layout, name and save it then go out of Multi-Layout and back again. It is no longer there. The drop down shows all the GTV created. They do not appear in it after creating views.
#74549 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 am
Hi Richard,

Do you have the same printer/plotter driver installed on the new computer?

Newer versions of Windows change - the way that older versions of any program interact with the operating system cannot be known ahead of time. If all your older hardware (printers, scanners, etc.) continue to work, then consider yourself lucky. Same goes - but even more so - for older programs.

Be sure to try running as administrator.
#74702 by Richard Pace
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:00 pm
Still cannot get this to work. I make views but when I go to Multi-layout/Go to View there are none there. Using DC 16. Has anyone else had this problem?
#74703 by Roger D
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 pm
what version windows are you on?
Does this happen in only new files? old files?

Using Win7, DC Ver 16.03.00.12, opened a blank file, drew a few lines, made a view, went to plotter, selected a printer, multilayoout, GoTYoView and it showed up.
#74705 by Richard Pace
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:29 pm
Win 10 on new computer. Checked earlier files done on previous computer, also Win 10, transferred over to the new computer and they also are now missing the Go To Views. New computer is HP Pavilion. Every thing else works fine except the Go To View.