Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74756 by kevinw
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:32 pm
I have a version or datacad 16 running on a MS Surface Pro 4 with windows 10. I use an external monitor & keyboard. I'm having difficulty accessing program preferences. When I select it from the tools menu everything freezes. I was told that it is because the window is open but is tricked by the external monitor somehow and it is up but not accessible. I've disconnected the monitor and run it just on the surface but have the same issue. I end up having to get to the task manager to end the program.
Any thoughts?
Thank you.
#74758 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:15 pm
You can try holding CTRL+SHIFT while to click the Program Prefs menu option to try to force the dialog box back into the center of the screen. I am not sure if that works on v16, but it does on the newer versions.

If that doesn't work, try this. Right after you click the Program Prefs in the menu and it "freezes" don't click or type anything but the following;

Hit ALT, then M, then SPACE, then any ARROW key. That should snap the dialog to your mouse offscreen and allow you to drag it back into viewing. This can be used on most windows when they get lost off screen.

Hope this helps.