Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5851 by Heinrich
Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:38 am
A long time ago I changed my alt+C to be a little more specific to my needs (text, entity, contents, all caps). Now with v.08 the ALL CAPS toggle does not appear until CONTENTS is chosen. This has caused the code I have for alt+C to not work the way it has for the past 9 months and, as you could imagine, this throws me off every time I use it, which is A LOT. Does anyone know a way I can re-write the code so that it works properly again?
Here is how I have it written now;

C^8#^S8^F1^S2^S3^
//change text menu

Thanks in advance.

-Redd
#5852 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:24 am
Hello Redd,

The best way to get it to come on in the Change/Text menu -- is to toggle it on in the Text menu.

And even better is that it works the way it should -- just like the Caps Lock, only better...
#5858 by Heinrich
Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:35 pm
Neil,
Thanks for the excellent idea. It was actually the other way around though for me since I had it the code to be toggled. If I had it off in the text menu then it would toggle it on using the alt+c method and vise versa. I simply removed that setting from the code so it will always be on and it works perfectly. Sometimes it’s the simplest solutions that are the hardest to see. Thanks again.

-Redd