Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74958 by joeferguson
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 am
Followup to my post of 2014... note that I have checked languages and am set to English - US.

Today, DataCAD 17 refuses to accept input from my keyboard -- can't type text, enter dimensions, keyboard shortcuts don't respond. Mouse works normally.

Keyboard works normally in all my other applications including Excel, Sketchup, Word. Just doesn't work in DataCAD.

Is there a switch somewhere in the DataCAD menu that I have accidentally turned off my keyboard?

Thanks,

joe
#74959 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am
One thing that will cause this is if you have the File, Open dialog open like you are going to open a file and then use Windows File Explorer to open a file by double clicking on the file icon. Datacad will open the file behind the File, Open dialog and then after you open another drawing using the dialog or cancel out of the dialog, the keyboard will not work until Datacad is closed and restarted.

The only other thing I can think of is it's waiting for some type of input from a dialog off screen. What shows up in the attention & message bars when this happens?
#74962 by joeferguson
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:06 pm
You nailed it, Josh.

I had tried to open a file in a not-the-normal way, probably as you described.

I closed DataCAD, restarted, and everything works fine.

Thanks, as always for your help.

joe
#74963 by Roger D
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:05 pm
sometimes I have to cycle through programs with Alt-Tab to find a dialog box is open.