Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5869 by RAJdesign
Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:05 pm
It appears that the arc factor has changed with this update... I guess it jhelps your page load quicker, but the main problem I have now is as follows: We use the Architxt font with a 15 deg slant.... and now when you type the left margin is also slanted.... that does not look good... any ideas anyone!?
#5870 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:20 pm
When you say that does not look good, do you mean how it displays/ prints, or just as a problem? Is it a alignment issue or a snapping issue? I think it could be a step towards better TTF support. I can see how this could be a tough to get use to for snapping, but it makes sense that the box would slant if there is a slant factor applied. Probably will need to just remember to snap to the bottom of your text.
#5871 by RAJdesign
Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:31 pm
Josh,

The left margin does NOT line up, as you type a line and then hit enter, the next line moves a little to the left, and this occurs all the way down a page... so the last line is really far to the left instead of straight up and down... wierd
#5872 by WizArtist
Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:32 pm
Is your text justification to bottom, center, or top?
#5874 by RAJdesign
Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:46 pm
Left and bottom, we did not change anything except download the update yesterday. The arc factor under display changed also, But I can live with that....
#5875 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:51 pm
Ah I see the problem now. Yeah that's defiantly a weird bug. Looks like Datacad picks the place to start the next line in reference to the top and bottom of the current line of text. I'll forward it to the bug reports forum.

As for the arc factor, that you can change it back, but maybe changes in precision to Datacad 11.08 need to have the values reset in order to accept the new format, and maybe there's a bigger/smaller differance now for the values, but thats just a big wild guess.
#5879 by RAJdesign
Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:27 pm
Thank you Josh, I thought I was going crazy with the left margin! As for the arc factor I changed it from 1.0 to 1.5 and that helps after hitting the "U" key. Does this affect anything else other the appearance in CAD?