Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5895 by Bryan Potratz
Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:33 am
Our office has 4 Drafters, 1 Architect & Me, the Geek.

Because I thought I could use it to figure out the features and do my limited AEC production work (I "stamp" the plans with a bitmap & plot to tiff to submit plans to State) I figured that I could use 11 while my drafters produced with our 4 copies of 10.

Not.

So far, everything I try to open with 11 (or 11.08) loses all sheet setups - which means the files are useless to me - so I have to try to co-opt somebody's v.10 machine either before or after work to get MY work done.

If 11 won't maintain sheet setups, what's the point? (except that I can't buy any more v.10s) :x
[/i]
#5902 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:31 am
I don't use the sheets tools, so I'm a bit naive there, but I don't recall others with this problem going to 11. I would not try to work with one copy of 11, while 4 others are working on 10. It would be a major pain if your ever do work, and then need the others to change something on the file after it's already been changed to an aec file. I would highly suggest have them upgrade to 11 or if it's absolutely not an option, you go back to working with 10. Probably not the answer your looking for, but that's just what I would do.
#5908 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:52 am
Hello Bryan,

Are you saying that your MSP sheets are discombobulated? Are you setting the Plotter/Set Up paper size to the same thing? I have noticed that HP's drivers are all over the map, in terms of the effective plot area, and DataCAD (necessarily) depends on the driver for the plot area.

Worst case is that you have to select each MSP detail and then right-click so that it gets "repositioned" based on the (slightly) different sheet size.
#5911 by Bryan Potratz
Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:39 pm
Yep, yep and nope that doesn't work either.

The MSP Sheets don't import correctly at all. They might as well not be there.
The title blocks are gone, the refrences don't seem t match, it's utter chaos.

I'm using Michrsoft Document Imaging to Plot to TIFF at 24x36 - just like I do in v.10. The sheets view/print correctly in v.9 & 10 but not 11.
#5914 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:45 pm
#5915 by Bryan Potratz
Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:56 pm
#5917 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:02 pm