Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5903 by mikeatbluedsi
Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:51 am
Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could offer some advice? I recently upgraded my OS from win2k to winxp pro. After going through all the tedious install of all my programs and drivers (I chose to do a clean install and format my drive) I find that I can't get my mouse side buttons to work in datacad. I'm using a wireless intellimouse explorer and before winxp I was able to use my side buttons, which I had programmed to certain shortcuts (small button=alt+z [which i made zoom extents], large button=alt button [which allows for single key commands]) Now for some reason I can't get it to work. Is something in XP blocking Microsoft's "program-specific settings" or is it something with Datacad in XP?

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem and how they went about fixing it. I'm amazed by how much these little features, while missing, can annoy the heck out of me.

I appreciate any help I can get! :D
#5904 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:55 am
Are you using the lastest version of Intellipoint from Microsoft? You can get it here :arrow: Intellipoint
#5905 by mikeatbluedsi
Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:05 am
I went directly to microsoft's website and dl'd the latest software....still no resolve. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
#5906 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:25 am
Hi Mike:

Look here for a listing of known problems with this mouse on XP, particularly at this article.

Dave
#5916 by mikeatbluedsi
Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 pm
I unfortunately have not been able to get it to work....after countless restarts and endless driver testing...I can't get it to work. The one thing that did change was the driver ....before it would say something like HID Compatible mouse ....now it at least says microsoft intellimouse explorer. I'm seriously pulling my hair out because I have no idea what to do. I appreciate your guys' help.

Round 2: Any suggestions?

Thanks again!