Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5913 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:45 pm
Can anyone confirm if Polylines are still limited to 36 verticies in version 11 with latest update. If we are still limited, was this something that DataCad was going to address.

Thank you,

Giuseppe Barberio
#5918 by Tony Blasio
Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:25 pm
I don't think we are limited. I have used closed polylines in place of Horizontal slabs because the slabs are indeed limited. I think it is safe to say you are unlimited.
#5939 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:17 pm
Tony,
Thanks for the reply. Now that I think about it, I remeber running into a diagnostic error when using the Hatch Command by Fence selection. I would be able to make a certaqin amount of picks/verticies before receiving a fatal error.

Have you or anyone else experienced this in the latest version of DataCad?

Thanks,

Giuseppe Barberio
#5941 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:13 pm
Greetings Giuseppe,

Are you using the Boundary to do the hatch, or are you using Fence? Fence is limited to 36 picks, but polyline/boundaries are not limited (or at least it is so high that you can't really reach it). I would recommend the Boundary method.

As far as a crash -- it should not be crashing on the 37th pick -- it should just hatch the entities that you have enclosed.
#5944 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:13 pm
Hey Neil,
I guess it was fence. I did this a little while ago and I believe I did use fence. I'll experiment with this next time & take your recomendation for using boundary.

Thanks again,

Giuseppe Barberio