Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75758 by kevinw
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 am
I'm using version 16 and have a drawing file that includes a pdf file which was pasted in. Is it possible to export the file to dwg and keep that pdf file. When I've tried and opened it in a viewer the pdf just shows up as an open rectangle.
Thank you.
#75763 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:46 am
Do you mean you have a Datacad AEC file that has a bitmap image inserted into it the was originally from a PDF and you are now exporting that AEC file to a DWG and want the image file to come along with the exported DWG file?

if so, you have to manually copy the image file from the original folder location that is being inserted from to the location where your DWG export lives so the DWG viewer can find it or be redefined to it.
#75775 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:05 pm
It won't make the trip to DWG to show back up. Once in DWG you'll have to redefine the link; I haven't found an easy method to make it happen automatically.