Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76418 by Daniel
Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 am
Is there anyway to convert plot files to .aec or .dc5 files?
My boss found some plot files in an archive, but not the corresponding drawing files. Told him I would look into it.
#76419 by joshhuggins
Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm
I found a couple different PLT to DWG and PLT to DXF converters online but the couple I tried seemed to have different capabilities depending on what version of HPGL or other PLT language was used to create the PLT files. You will probably have to just try some of them and find what works for your files.

Print2CAD says it has HPGL to DWG functionality and they have a free trial that might be worth a shot. Good luck and if you find something that works good come back and let us know! :wink:
https://www.backtocad.com/pdf-to-dwg-converter.html
#76424 by Daniel
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 am
Thank you, Josh.
I downloaded a trial version of reaConverter. It was able to convert it to a dwg file, but all the layers and color settings are lost - everything is one color, on one layer. But, I guess if you are looking at trying to recover lost data, beggars can't be too choosy. Also, it has the option to convert the plt file to many other formats, and the PDF came out looking correct.