Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76433 by RBCA
Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm
I am using d17. Keep copying sections and elevations and once copied, everything is one group. Is there a way of settling keep grouping as a default?
#76434 by joshhuggins
Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm
Make sure Keep Groups is turned ON in your menus during the copy processes.
#76438 by joshhuggins
Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm
Not sure on the older versions, but in v21 menus it's usually at S8 or S5 depending on which commands you are in.
#76444 by RBCA
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:30 pm
So it doesn’t sound like you can set “keep grouping “ to stay on all the time. I will go to the copy command, select keep grouping, copy. When I exit copy command then re enter copy command, it’s turned off and I have to remember to re select the item. Any fix? Thanks.
#76446 by RBCA
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:23 am
So it doesn’t sound like you can set “keep grouping “ to stay on all the time. I will go to the copy command, select keep grouping, copy. When I exit copy command then re enter copy command, it’s turned off and I have to remember to re select the item. Any fix? Thanks.
#76449 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:00 pm
Since DataCAD 11.08.00,

The key, Copy Keeps Groups, in the [General] section of DCADWIN.ini controls the behavior of the Keep Groups toggle in DataCAD's editing menus, Move, Rotate, Mirror, and Stretch. The default value is FALSE. Set this key to TRUE to automatically reset the Keeps Group toggle to On when you return to one of these editing menus.

[General]
Copy Keeps Groups=FALSE
; Controls the default status of the Keep Groups toggle.
; If TRUE, Keep Groups will automatically reset to on.
; If FALSE, Keep Groups will automatically reset to off.
; If blank, the Keep Groups toggle will retain its last status.

Note: The Keep Groups toggle tells DataCAD to replicate the Grouping structure of the Entity(ies) or Group(s) selected to Edit And Copy. So, creating an array from a single entity with Keep Groups On will result in an array of individual groups of single entities. With Keep Groups Off, the new array of entities will be grouped together.
#76512 by RParker
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:54 am
V.18.04.01.02 Do not have a Keep Group toggle anywhere (Move, Copy, etc).
Is there a setting that I have missed?