Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5982 by Dick Eades
Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:43 pm
When I have an xref in a drawing and the xref contains fills, I cannot turn off the fills by selecting Display/Fills or the F in SWOTHLUDFB.

We need to be able to do this.
#5984 by Dick Eades
Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:53 pm
Yeah, that's what was fooling me. It didn't respond, but it did come around after I *Identified* the xref.
#5985 by jlmcougar
Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:31 pm
OK guys it is doin ght esame thing to me also. I can not seem to get the fill torned of from the Xref. It does turn off if it is on a layer that I turn off. That seems to work.
#5986 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:39 pm
jlmcougar wrote:OK guys it is doin ght esame thing to me also. I can not seem to get the fill torned of from the Xref. It does turn off if it is on a layer that I turn off. That seems to work.

Might you be hitting the wrong keys? Image
#5988 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:18 pm
joshhuggins wrote:>> ...OK guys it is doin ght esame thing to me also...
>
> Might you be hitting the wrong keys?

HeeHeeHaHaHa!!!
#5989 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:12 pm
Hello,

I just tried this in v11.08.00 and it works when I hit the U key. I also tried it with bitmaps, and with X-Clips, and each time, hitting the U key causes the correct thing to happen.
#6013 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:46 am
Hello,

It seems to be working as expected to me here.

Thanks,
Miguel
#6020 by Dick Eades
Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:54 am
Might you be hitting the wrong keys?

In my case, the drawing had been open when the xref was revised. I closed the xref master file, saving it, and after calling for the xref to be refreshed, I decided that I needed to turn off the fills. To do this, I selected the F in the SWOTHLUDFB box, then hit esc., no result, then U, no result. Called for an xref refresh, then tried U again with no result. It was then that I posted the first message in this thread. After returning to the drawing, I used Identify on the xref and it then began to respond to the F setting to display/supress the fills. It is not a case of hitting the wrong keys, it is a case of the xref not responding after using all the normal methods. BTW, this is a clipped xref.
#6022 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:07 am
Are you using 11.08 yet? Also check you dcadwin.ini file and see if under [Xrefs] you have the following line set to true. This will make all Xrefs refreash when you hit U.
Code: Select all[Xrefs]
XRefs Auto-Refresh on Regen=True
#6023 by Dick Eades
Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:19 am
Yes + yes.
#6024 by Dick Eades
Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:58 am
OK, I was just in another file revising some details. I used CTRL/rtclick to bring up the xref menu, opened the xref, made a revision, closed the xref saving it, returned to the detail and hit U and the xref did not pick up the revision until I specifically refreshed it alone.
#6025 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:01 pm
Hi Dick:

Could you please email me a copy of your DCADWIN.INI file?

Thanks,
Dave
#6028 by Dick Eades
Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:03 pm
Oops, I just checked it and it says FALSE. My bad, I could have sworn that it said TRUE when I looked at it before. It's not changing itself is it? I'll keep a watch on it.