Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#6075 by RAJdesign
Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:01 pm
I need some room on my hard drive. Running Ver. 11 and was wondering if anyone else has removed the older versions of DataCAD from their hard drives and if so... did you have any problems?

Cheers,

Rod A. Jeheber
#6080 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:42 pm
Hello Rod,

You could just erase the old, standard symbols -- they make up the lion's share of the size, anyway.

Another tact would be to buy a new hard drive -- they are pretty large these days, and not too much money either. You can get an 80GB Seagate for $58 shipped -- and it has a 5 year warranty.

Depending on your computer (you'll need the empty 3 1/2" drive bay, and available IDE channel, and the power connector, of course), you might be better of using this as your boot drive; or you could just add it for storage, and not disturb anything else. If it is getting creaky and sluggish (especially if it is Win9x/ME), then the former is maybe better: you'll boot and run faster after clearing the cobwebs -- but installing Windows and all your critical software can take a day or so.