Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#6083 by jlane
Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:21 pm
I have been mailed some floor plans that are identified as symbols. I need to be able to trim lines, stretch etc. I tried exploding the drawings from the 3D menu, but they still can not be treated as seperate entities.

help

thanks in advance
#6084 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 pm
You may need to do a zoom extents, with free zoom on or off, then use explode several times untill the cords/hints bar say there are no more symbols to explode. You may be dealing with whats called nested symbols. Symbols can be save into other symbols. So when you explode a symbol once, it may have several other symbols inside it. Let us know if this works for ya. Also make sure the explode menu is set to symbol explode.
#6088 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:26 am
Greetings,

If you ID them after exploding, what are they now?

If they are 3D lines, then you'll need to use the 3D Line Convert macro -- it may already be in your Toolbox or you can download it for free from DataCAD's web site.
#6107 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:07 pm
Hello,

Before using the macro, you should Change\Z-Base and Z-Height to 0 -- then use the macro. That way, if any of the 3D lines were sloped, then this flattens them -- and then the macro can do it's job. (It only works on "flat" 3D lines...)