Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78208 by stephen11962
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:10 am
I have a simple drawing that has many duplicate lines of a detail (I do not know when/how I did this) repeated 4 times for design development alternatives. I am trying to delete the duplicate lines:
I went to HLR in the 3D Edit menu, selected Hide+save image+ selected active layer and then Begin. The original layer has 2692 lines and the saved image layer has 19975 lines. To say this is the wrong direction would be a massive understatement.
Please help me.

S
#78209 by Roger D
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 am
Did you have on the "Delete Duplicate" setting in the Hide menu?
If it is real simple, you could create another layer, turn it off, and move the entities one by one (yes, all 673± of them), and don't refresh the screen until it is blank, since when you move each item it will be removed from the screen.
#78212 by stephen11962
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 am
Yes, I had "Delete Dbl." on.
OK deleting one by one sounds like a plan, but there are 2692 entities!
II am still trying to understand how Hide works and if I did something wrong. But there are only 24hours/day. . .
Thanks for the workaround.
#78214 by Roger D
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:13 am
You had indicated you had 4 copies of all that equaled the 2692 entities, so 2692/4 would be only 673 that you need to move.
Any way you can mask them by color or ?? to make it easier?
#78215 by Roger D
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:17 am
stephen11962 wrote:Only had several arcs. What about symbols with arcs? I have those.

Maybe you could move (using mask) the symbols to a symbol layer and Arcs/circles to another layer. Then try hide with delete double on for only the layer without the symbols/arcs/circles. Then do the move 1 at a time on the Symbols/arcs/circles layer. Might save some time
#78218 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:29 pm
Or maybe move by Group? Backup of the file before the duplication happened?
#78296 by stephen11962
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:30 pm
Thanks all. Got waylaid for a while.
So, I went and moved lines-one-by-one to a fresh layer.. Under the circumstances it seemed like the easiest to do, except some of the elements were quite small, needing enlargement. I was quickly reminded that that refreshes the drawing putting me back to the original problem. I guess I could have deleted by area or fence all the areas that were blank - just thought about that now. Anyway I captured enough info to proceed.
I appreciate the helping hand!

Stephen