Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#6098 by Sean Hamilton
Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:00 am
Locked out of Editing colours within the colour palette file

In the View - Rendering Settings dialogue box, pick Entity Colour, we cannot Edit the colours within the colour palette file. We have to exit out and refer to Tools - Colour Palette in order to edit the colours.

We feel it would be more efficient if we could do this whilst within the Rendering Settings dialogue box, pick Entity Colour options, without having to exit all the way out and back into another pull down menu settings arena.

After all, it is exactly the same dialogue box but with the Edit option locked out.

Cheers
Sean.

HAMILTON DESIGN PTY. LTD.
sean@hamiltondesign.com.au
#6100 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:03 am
That's a good point and I could have used that a few times. If you are doing a lot of this with clients present, I would suggest looking into O2C Interactive.
#6123 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:39 pm
Hello Sean,

I would say this is a safety measure, for preventing accidental changes in the color palette. But, I think you can get what you want. However, you must change the 'attributed' color and not the 'original' color.

As you can see in the image, you can't change the original palette when you are not in the [Tools/Palette]:

BTW, if you want to attrib another color you are welcome to personalize what you want, doing it here:

It allows any RGB combination. And the better: you will have this result exclusively in 'this' drawing file.

Doesn't this addresses your wish ?

Hope it helps,
Miguel