Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#6126 by beneastman
Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:17 pm
Heres a funny problem that only occurs in Version 11.08. It does not happen on our machine that runs V11.06 or 11.07. I'm wondering if it is a glitch in V11.08

I have a file that includes nested xrefs. Some of these nested xrefs include text and have been mirrored, using the "fix text" toggle. But the text appears backward in the nested xref. In previous versions there is no problem but in V11.08 the text appears backward.

Here the sequence of assembling the drawings. :
> Base file with text ( a bathtub interior elev)
> Insert the bathtub elev, as an xref, into a larger wall elevation, and then mirror it. No problem so far.
> Insert the larger wall elevation into a third "plot file" Now the bathtub is a nested xref. Here the text appears backwards.

Again - no problem in V11.06 and 11.07.
#6127 by WizArtist
Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:43 pm
Are you using a really old CHR font? I have had problems with certain of these old fonts going wacko when XREF'd. Sometimes a simple "U" to refresh fixes them, sometimes doing an "I" on the XREF fixes it. But, the only permanent fix we have found is to use a different font.
#6143 by beneastman
Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:37 am
The font, ARCWY2HC, is our office standard. I tried substituting several other fonts, both TT and CHR but both behave the same way in V11.08.
I tried refreshing (U) as well as refreshing all xrefs, and reloading but no luck.

I suppose the simplist fix at this point is to re-load ver 11.06 or 11.07, since I dont experience the problem using them. However thats not a great fix because I would like to upgrade. Plus, the guys running those versions can carry on with work. Those of us that updated are stuck.

I would like DC to visit the problem since it could be a bug in V11.08. Or maybe its just aliens. I would also like DC to pay all my taxes and wash my car.

I dont necesserily like nested xrefs either but currently we use them. As long as we do I think I will just have to create a mirror image in the base file rather than mirroring the xref in step 2.

Thanks for the tips guys