Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78854 by Richard Mauser
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:38 pm
Hi all,

I recently got a "internal diagnostics fault 19 Error from: 736" message when I try to close a file and save it, but I can "save as", however the same thing happens with the new file that I saved it as. Using a copy that I made as a "Save As" while not in the process of closing the file, I started deleting layers to try to find the bad one.
I was working only on one layer. I then saved that layer, and then deleted the layer. Same problem. So I created one empty layer and deleted all of the other layers. With only the empty layer in the file, same problem.
I opened two different files and closed them, saving them, and there was no problem.
I then saved all the layers and loaded them into a new file. That saves when closing. (although for the file size, it seems to take longer than I would expect)

Does anyone have an explanation for what happened?
--
Richard
#79024 by Steve Mielke
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:20 pm
Richard,

I feel your pain - having the same problem....any further luck with the big guys weighing in? In my case I have a drawing that was purged not long ago. My issue is numerous xrefs, plotting sheets, 3D views. I've been working on this file now for a couple years and doing my best to keep it "clean". Can anyone else help out on this?
#79025 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:58 pm
If this is something that just started happening, it is possible that a recent Windows update that might have changed something? If you look in the Recovery control panel, and you see a Windows update as the most recent change, you could try rolling it back, and see if the problem is resolved?
#79028 by Richard Mauser
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:49 pm
I'm wondering if this could have something to do with lazy fingers. I've had some other files crash on me recently and I may have
had my fingers of my "inactive" hand resting on some up, home/end/page up/page down or the four arrow keys while clicking with my mouse. Could it be attributed to getting old and sloppy? I hate pointing the finger at me, but ...

I should add that I'm left handed, so my right hand is near those keys.