Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79470 by stephen11962
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:05 am
One file only: SEARCH, manual entry of distance, direction does not register and gives a mysterious distance and direction. Using mouse for distance and direction does work. Stretch remembers mouse entry, but entering manually erases previous Prev Dist and substitutes mysterious distance and direction.
Tried purging file to no effect. Tried finding solutions here to no avail.

TIA
Stephen
#79471 by joshhuggins
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:15 pm
In the Utility menu under F0 Settings, is S6 Fixed Ref turned on?
#79477 by stephen11962
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm
Search? My bad. STRETCH! Hope this makes things easier to address. Restated:
STRETCH: Manual entry of distance & direction does not register and gives a mysterious distance and direction. Using mouse for distance and direction does work. STRETCH remembers mouse entry, but entering manually erases Prev Dist and substitutes the mysterious distance and direction.
Tried purging file to no effect. Tried finding solutions here to no avail.

Josh's suggestion, S6 Fixed Ref turned on?, did nothing, on or off.

TIA
Stephen
#79480 by MtnArch
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:36 pm
Check to make sure that your Utility\Settings\Angle Type\Start Angle is set to what you expect. I've found that sometimes it gets changed to another angle (ie. 90, 180, etc.) than what I normally have it set to.
#79483 by stephen11962
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:15 am
Still no solution and I gave up, exported each layer to new file and extinguished the problem. Do not ask me how much time this whole thing took. I still would like to know what I did or what happened, but onward!

It has been a long time that I have (if ever) looked at Angle Types

Screen shots of Angle types:
DC bad.JPG
Screen shot: Angle type for bad file
DC bad.JPG (28.7 KiB) Viewed 7414 times

DC OK.JPG
Screen shot: Angle type for good file
DC OK.JPG (28.18 KiB) Viewed 7414 times

TIA
Stephen
#79485 by joshhuggins
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:13 pm
If you want you could email me the file to look at, I am kind of curious myself. :D
josh AT wisdomhouseinc.com