Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79763 by stephen11962
Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm
Scroll wheel for zooming in/out is reversed; macros seem to be stock installation macros, not my usual; other shortcuts missing; default drawings do not show when starting a new drawing; and other things which I probably have not yet discovered. I am in DC 17 and started out a long time ago. I customized a lot of things but do not remember which files are critical. My son, IT expert, did most of the changeover and kept all relevant old files in a "old drive" folder. I thought I copied all relevant files to the new installation. Evidently not.

I assume some of you have made this OS transition and have some inkling of what has to be done. I am getting too old for this! All and any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Stephen
#79764 by MtnArch
Tue May 18, 2021 8:40 pm
Make sure to look to into Tools\Program Preferences and re-set your paths. DC does NOT carry over the custom path settings (even in V22).

For the scrolling I don't remember if V17 had a setting to reverse the scroll wheel, but it's not in the Preferences. You may need to peruse through your Dcadwin.INI and see if there's a setting in there (probably either TRUE or FALSE if it's there); I would make a copy of the INI before you start playing with it, just in case!

Good luck!
#79769 by melina
Thu May 20, 2021 11:43 am
I just made the move to Windows 10 this month (on a whole new drive) as well and did a clean install of DataCAD (it sounds like you installed fresh as well?). I'm on v22, but some suggestions based on every version where I have done something like this:

If you ever made changes to these folders/their files, they should be copied over completely:
Materials, Textures, Layer Files, Default Drawings, Report Forms, Symbols

Support Files Folder and all of its subfolders also. This is where any custom toolbars/buttons are stored, window & door types, hatches, linetypes, scales, pens, etc.

And most importantly, your DCADwin.ini file from your last install. All the file path settings are stored there, your favorites lists for the symbol browser, macro menu, plotting - all your settings.

As for your mouse, this is more likely a setting within windows itself. I had to reset both my mouse and tablet pen buttons when I made the switch.

Hope that helps!
#79772 by stephen11962
Thu May 20, 2021 1:50 pm
Mea culpa. Fault of ossifying brain, not a great deal of DC usage and not keeping up with MS progress(?). It escaped me that the customization of the program to each individual user dwells in many of the Support Files. So after relearning all that I now have DC operating as expected.

Many thanks as always.
Stephen
#79775 by MtnArch
Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm
Glad we could all help you!