Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79819 by GuyS
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:08 pm
The layer manager in V16 is not displaying....like gone. I've had this happen before but I can not find the resolution anywhere. I've tried the Cntr Shift thing but that doesn't work. I think Neil helped me out in the past but I can't find that thread. Any ideas that could help?
#79820 by GuyS
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 am
After searching through countless pages on the forum I found an old thread by Josh. Just delete the DcadwinDialogs.gui found under the Support Files. The file gets recreated everytime you restart DataCAD

From the post:
Sounds like maybe it's off the screen or maybe hidden behind the window? Try Alt+Tab when the manager should be open or restoring the Datacad window down before you open the layer manager. If you still can't find it you can try editing the [LyrMgr] area of the DcadwinDialogs.gui file in the Support Files folder to try get it to appear. Try setting Maximized=1 to see if it will go full screen. You can safely delete the DcadwinDialogs.gui file and it will get recreated the next time you start Datacad, but it will reset all of the positions for Datacad's dialogs