Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80313 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:05 pm
I’m posting this for a former co-worker who is still using DataCAD 11 at his present location. He asked about a new problem yesterday that we can’t figure out, so I’ll ask the collective:
(He also has v22, but needs to resolve this before he completely upgrades)

Under Tools / Program Preferences / Pathnames, his Location data looks very similar to mine with no obvious issues there, but on his symbol browser nothing shows and when he clicks on the “file” icon at the upper left corner, the pop-up only has his user and desktop and will not allow him to click up or down from there.
He reboots daily and restarts DataCAD daily.
Any ideas how to resolve?
#80322 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:52 am
Hi Dwight,
It may be that the dialog is popping up "behind" something, or off screen? If he had dual monitors and is now using one, this can be an issue. I can't remember the specifics, but there is a GUI file in the DataCAD Support Files folder, that you can clear the numbers from, and the dialog will appear in the default location.
#80334 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 am
It's not an issue where a dialog box is hidden. As I said, the dialog box for the symbol browser open up, but there are only two things listed, "his user name" and "desktop". The real problem is that those two items are not clickable, so he cannot go up or down a tree to regain access to the symbol file. The box just doesn't perform normal functions as any windows browser box should be able to do.