Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#466 by John Borroel
Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:51 pm
I finally switched from V10 and started using my version 11.05.02. I’m having a strange printing problem. After hitting the print/plot icon the screen will go to the preview screen and some of the text is mirrored and in a different location(yes it does print like the preview). If I close the window then hit print/plot again that text will be correct and another set of text will be mirrored. Sometimes when I go back into the drawing the text will refresh in the mirrored location, sometimes it will not. Sometimes when I identify the mirrored text it will highlight it in its original location and refresh correct. I have tried to fix the text by using mirror to flip it back over, then move(drag) to its correct location, when I drag it left it goes right, drag it right it goes left. After playing with it to get it to the right location in the print preview it will sometimes go back to a mirrored location. If I close the drawing and open it back up it will have the text in the mirrored location. I have tried renaming and opening a backup copy but there is still some text mirrored. I have to hit print/plot - close, print/plot - close, print/plot - close, over and over until it finally previews in the correct location.

WHAT IS GOING ON. :?:
HELP

JB
#487 by Greg Blandin
Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:07 am
My first suggestion is to always check to make sure your printer driver is up-to-date.
#491 by Philip Hart
Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:33 am
If I'm understanding this correctly, the drawing was started in v10 and has only started showing the problems since you upgraded to v11. I suggest that you use the purge function to rebuild the drawing file. This worked for me on a couple of files that behaved in an "anomalous" fashion when they made the transition to the new drawing file format.

Hope this helps