Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80640 by stephen11962
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Dcad 17, cutting some details from one drawing and pasting in another results in different scales?
I thought that we always draw in real size, so that doing cutting and pasting would result in objects maintaining same scale. I am developing details that will have an effect on elevations. Cutting a detail from the detail drawing and pasting into the elevation drawing requires enlarging by 0.01 !

I think I have done this before without the above problem. I assume that I have changed something. Any clues?

TIA
Stephen
#80642 by stephen11962
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:48 pm
God, that was easy. Was set to 100! and that is the factor I had to reduce it to get it to comply. The mystery (probably endless) is how/who this happened.
Thank you very much, was starting to regret my age. But while I have your eyes:

SNAPPING is not working correctly and I cannot find what settings are also amiss. If I am not careful the cursor will snap to a point 1/32" +/- from an intersection, end point or some other desirable location. I can come back later to the drawing and find lines that are not 0*, 280* or some other obvious angle.
I tried searching the posts and could only find that I am not alone but no real solutions.

I am always amazed at the generosity of people
#80645 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:23 pm
You probably set the enlargement factor to 100 thinking 100%, which many other apps work that way. I find myself doing this every now and then too. Glad I am not alone. :lol:
#80646 by Roger D
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:54 pm
try going to the Object Snap menu, maybe something like "offset" is turned on, and the Offset Dist. is 1/32".
Virtual is off, snapping to a virtual intersection of lines.

Check under More Options, Quick is usually off for me.

I usually have as few options on to reduce those miss-snaps.