Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80741 by dannac
Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:41 am
Stopped drawing plans in 2013 and was using X3 at the time.

Still have it installed on old laptop and started it up today and still works fine.

Can someone please refresh my memory on the shortcut to change a layer's color ?

I possibly could have changed the default also, but don't remember the name of the shortcut file to look for.
#80744 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:46 pm
K will cycle thru the colors for the current layer. Is that what you were looking for? I don't recall if X3 has the Status Panel or the Layer Manager but you can click the color boxes on those to change colors as well.
#80747 by dannac
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:00 am
joshhuggins wrote:K will cycle thru the colors for the current layer. Is that what you were looking for? I don't recall if X3 has the Status Panel or the Layer Manager but you can click the color boxes on those to change colors as well.

Yes ... that is what I looking for, that shortcut K.

X3 does have the Layer Manager and I also had a toolbar menu that changed various options, just could not remember that shortcut.

Thank you !
#80749 by Joseph Baron
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:46 am
FWIW you can also key the letter L then F7 and select the layer color there.
#80750 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:29 pm
And you all probably know this, but just in case, SHIFT+K cycles the colors in the other direction.