Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#82360 by Richard Mauser
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:11 pm
Hello all,
A file seems to have gone berserk, and it seems to be related to that one layer. The file had been saved with only that layer on, so when I open the file, only that one layer (Details) is turned on (top photo). I can page up and down, pan right, left, etc. and even use the zoom button, but when I click on the 'Extents' button or the 'GoToView' button I set up to bring up that very same layer, it goes berserk (bottom photo). A tiny knot of all the entities at the bottom, and one line running up the screen.
For all other layers, the 'GoToView' and 'Extents' buttons work fine.
I've purged the drawing and then saved it,
Ummm. Is this fixable? (I'm running DataCAD 17.04.02.02) Any ideas on how to fix this?
Attachments
berserk file.gif
top photo is before GTV or extents button is pushed. Lower is the appearance afterward
#82362 by Mark Bell
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:19 am
That "one line running up the screen" is likely thousands of metres long - either delete it or move it to a layer that's off, then pick zoom/extents again which should fit everything back to screen view.
#82363 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:14 am
Hi Richard,

You could try an Edit/Purge and select all your GTV, Layers, and MSP Details, and then do a Save As a new AEC file?

I don't remember if DataCAD 17 has a Repair function? If it does, then that also might work. The Purge and the Repair tools are complimentary with some overlap, but they are somewhat different, as I understand it.
#82364 by Richard Mauser
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:55 am
Actually, that one line doesn't exist. Clicking on it (Identify) says there is nothing there. It can't be deleted.
I deleted scrap on that layer, and then step by step moved details to a new layer. Then, with that then being an ostensibly blank layer, I pushed the 'Extents' button, and that infinite line remains, along with that nest of whatevers at the bottom of it. So I made another layer the active layer, turned off the 'Details' layer, and then deleted the 'Details' layer.
It looks like that has cured it. I now have to reconstruct the sheet presets for plotting.
That file sort of scares me. the GTV for that layer seems to revert back to a previous setting....

I did try the purge with the GTVs also selected, but that didn't work.