Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#82449 by DavidBergman
Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:04 pm
I'm sure there is a simple answer to this out there. Does anyone have or know of a digital stamp for shop drawing submittal approvals? It would probably have to be in PDF form since I'd be adding it onto the submitted drawings.

It'd be great if it was dynamic, so I could click into fields, but I could live without that if need be.

It's also be great if it was free or almost free. Perhaps there's one hiding in the old Cheap Tricks Ware?
#82450 by joshhuggins
Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:31 pm
For in Datacad, I create Symbols with symbol attributes which are very powerful and can be made to meet almost any need for a stamp.

For use in PDF's, we don't have quite as much flexibility but I use PDF XChange Editor. It has some tools for creating stamps and/or watermarks which are very handy. It's not free but very powerful. We use PNG's with alpha transparency to create the stamps which also include the professional stamp built in. Then use a checkmark or X stamp and/or signature stamps to fill out the whole thing. Then it can all be selected, grouped and copy and pasted to each sheet as required. We can also lock the first stamp group if needed, and it will paste locked to avoid it being moved or misused by mistake.