Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#711 by JCBrower
Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:30 pm
My office has been having various problems with the DataCAD 11 upgrade. My office is using standard computer equipment using standard operating systems (98, 2000, XP) and we have had quite a few fatal problems.

We have a problem with horizontal dimensioning. When you set a dimension that is too small to fit the text, the program will crash when you try to place the text on the screen.

We have a problem with our XP machine. When we try to go to a saved view...the program will crash when you select a view.

These are just two of the main problems we have been having and tech support can't recreate this condition - is ANYBODY having any similar problems!?
#714 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:47 pm
One thing to try is to do a file save as and create a new drawing. After it loads save and close Datacad. Empty your Datacad temp directory, and restart Datacad and open the new drawing and see if it's still crashing. Let us know.
#715 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:27 pm
Hello:

The fact that this is happening on several machines, and that it sounds like an unusual problem -- it might be caused by something in your default drawing (or just in your drawings in general).

I would suggest emailing a drawing into TechSupport@DataCAD.com and let them try and reproduce it in your drawing -- and they can also look at the file in a debugging problem.