Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#9919 by Emc Downunder
Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:50 pm
G'day all,
just curious what others are doing with mapping materials through DC to o2c. what would be the best method, and helpful hints..
map to colour which is what I have been doing
map to layer, which is good when you import o2c objects..

I currently do it via colour, and have created a spreadsheet of the colours used so that when I apply to a material to a colour I know what the result should be. Im thinking that the layer meathod maybe a better way.

what does the forum.. think?.

8)
#9934 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:49 am
I ended up mapping mine by layer, so I could use the same colors on different layers. Made modeling easier on the screen. Plus you can have more layers than colors, so you can have more than 256 materials.. But if your getting into renderings with more than 256 materials, O2C is probably not the best idea for rendering as it gets real slow. JOGO :wink:
#9999 by Emc Downunder
Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:01 pm
Thanks for the reply, Ive been looking to change to layers and I did notice that when you bring in a o2c image for a 3d model if it linked to the colour the 3d o2c image doesn't see right.. so I give the layering system a go.. although I did read in the up and coming v12 you can like the o2c texture to just entity's.. :?
#10145 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Emc Downunder wrote:I currently do it via colour, and have created a spreadsheet of the colours used so that when I apply to a material to a colour I know what the result should be.

Hello Emc,

For the more complex models the 'layers' option would be better in flexibility. In general use, the 'by color' option is faster.

You can also save any changes to a single (and particular) .DMF file. What you can't forget is that to work with this new .DMF file you must 'save' and 're-load' it in the first time to that specific .AEC model.

Thanks,
Miguel