Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#10161 by ericwick
Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:21 pm
Hi forum!

I'm having some issues when trying to work with 64ths of an inch. I drew a few lines to be 13/64" and when I go back and do point-to-point measure on them, I sometimes get a measurement of 7/32" and sometimes 3/16" and in both cases I'm zoomed in as far as it will let me when I snap.

I did some searching and found this thread that looks like a similar issue: https://www.datacad.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1314

But for the life of me, I can't find where to set this "accuracy setting" they are talking about. I have searched this forum with no luck, and can't find it in the Datacad 11 manual I downloaded. Is this setting even available in LT 11? Help! :lol:
#10163 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:34 pm
This accuracy setting is found in the Utility, Settings menu I believe (I'm not at my desk now). Are you using the Direct Distance input method? Seem there are issues with it. I wonder if what Neil was talking about in that other post was due to if the second point picked that was inide the object snap appeture?
#10165 by ericwick
Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:02 pm
Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I figured it would have been in the settings as well, but I can't find it there.

In my Utility, Settings menu I have:

---------------------

Password
Scale Type
Angle Type
Edit Defs.
Miss Dist
Small Grid
Scroll Dist.

Save Delay

Draw Marks

Big Cursor (activated)
Neg. Dist. (activated)

Fixed Ref.
Dist Sync. (activated)

Z By Layer

----------------

None of these take me to any sub-menu that says anything about Accuracy...

Also, I have to say, I'm not sure what the Direct Distance input method is... I am typing in the distance mannually by pressing the space bar though, if that's what you mean. For example, 1.13/64
#10180 by ericwick
Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:11 am
Hi, Neil, thanks!

Boy, I'm starting to feel a little dumb. I must be missing something here. I wonder if there's an update I need, I'm using LT 11.01.01. Here's my Settings/Scale Type screen shot with Arch. toggled on:

I'm going to search and see if there are any updates...
#10181 by Mark Toce
Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:44 am
ericwick wrote:I wonder if there's an update I need, I'm using LT 11.01.01.

There is an update available:
DataCAD LT 11.08.01

The ability to set different base unit values is found only in the full professional DataCAD 11. It is not available in DataCAD LT 11.
#10184 by ericwick
Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:30 pm
Yup, I upgraded and it still is giving me the same false measurments. Pretty frustrating and I had that sneaking suspician from the start that this feature wouldn't be available in LT. Thanks for all the responses, it is very appreciated!