Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#10387 by sognaviva
Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:51 pm
anyone know why undo (CTRL-Z) wouldn't work on a GTV?

By this, I mean that if I am on GTV 1 and then go to GTV 2, I can usually hit undo to go right back to GTV 1. I use this all the time, but now have come across a file where the undo does not apply to GTV.

Thanks
#10389 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:17 pm
Hello,

Well, Control-Z kinda works on GTV's -- the proper layers come back, but the "position" of the view doesn't change. If you hit Control-Z and then hit Recalculate, you will see what I mean.

It is easier, however, just to change the GTV from the menu. :wink:
#10403 by sognaviva
Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:09 pm
i do realize the fact that the undo doesnt TRUELY work as far as the zoom factor. but this is actually why i use it most of the time. i can zoom in on one GTV and then CTRL-Z and CTRL-Y back and forth to compare, in detail, 2 different views at the zoom-in position.

but for some reason, i have a file that won't undo the GTV. it simply undoes the last thing I actually edited (i.e. changing of color or linetype, etc.)

anyone know if there are parameters to apply the undo to GTV or not??
#10405 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:05 pm
The GTV's have some real problems with undo and redo-ing properly. I've come across the problem your having, and it seems if I close Datacad, the problem goes away.

Here's a video clip where it shows when you change to several GTV's then undo the several GTV changes, then redo them, on the redo process, some of the layers (not all of them) that get turned on in the redo process of the GTV's do not get turned off when the next redo that should in the next GTV in the sequence. When your done with the redo steps your screen looks like everything is o.k., but it's not, if you regen the screen, you find those layers that were not properly turned off. This has got me in trouble a few times. I didn't realize that those layers were turned on, and started editing, did some stretching, and then those hidden entities started to show up ad they got "in the way" while I was editing. So I had to undo all the way back to the farthest point before I started redo things. So I lost a bit of work. This should be addressed in a patch, as it can cause some damage, JOGO.

Undo Redo Bug