Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#10440 by MtnArch
Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 pm
No, DataCAD doesn't. I'm not sure if V12 will support it, but I haven't heard anything one way or the other yet.
#10449 by Arthur Emmanuel
Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:14 pm
I do not understand because an archive format supports to be imported as for example 3ds, but I do not obtain to be exported. The curious one with dwf is that the inverse one occurs, can be exported, but not imported.

The dwf is good to generate fast drawings 2D from 3D.
#10450 by MtnArch
Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:26 pm
Hmmm ... good point.

I would assume that Acad released the source code so that others could try and jump on their bandwagon for viewing, but don't want you to re-compile it into a useable DWG format.
#10464 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:06 pm
MtnArch wrote:...I would assume that Acad released the source code so that others could try and jump on their bandwagon for viewing.

Bingo. The name of the game is market share. Autodesk faces Adobe's PDF with the DWF format.
Not everything is revealed, neither everything is hidden. Just the right size.
It's like the women mini-skirts: not too long, not too short. Just the right size.

Thanks,
Miguel