Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#10556 by eduardopagan
Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:25 pm
Hi,

My name is Eduardo, from Jax, Fl. I have been using DataCad for about three months, and I need some help with clip cubes.

Why is it that some objects (within same properties) dissappear from the drawing when put in a clip cube?

(i.e. a bathroom has about ten or more objects with different layers, colors, line-types, etc. A group of objects; the toilet, a grab-bar, and some text are missing. But some of the objects missing have the same properties of the objects present in the cube).

Why does this happen?

How can retrieve the missing entities and have them show in the clip cube?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eduardo.
#10557 by Greg Blandin
Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:16 pm
It has to do with the z-base and z-height.

If your using DataCAD 11.08 or maybe a couple updates sooner, there is an ignore z selection you can make that will fix it. Otherwise you'd have to set your z-min and z-max to some outragous numbers. I suggest sticking with the ignore-z button.

That button can be found on the same menu as the new cube and turning the cube on and off.
#10558 by Greg Blandin
Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:19 pm
Oh yeah...to elborate...

Clip cubes find entities within a certain z-range. If those entites were created outside those z ranges it won't show up in the clipped cube.

I think a good practice is to make sure all your z settings are at a base of 0 and height of 0 UNLESS you're doing extensive 3D work in DataCAD.