Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#10742 by Bruce111
Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:33 am
Hi,
I have been working with DataCAD now for about 3 months and i like it a lot.

I have a problem with symbols.
I first inserter a symbol and then mirrored it.
I then tried to save that mirrored symbol as the same symbol through the symbol browser menu.( i now understand i should have exploded it first before saving it)
This coursed the program to completely shut down and when reloading the drawing I get the message: DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault 10 Error from 736.
Now when i do get the file up and running through the back up file the symbol that i accidentally saved the mirrored symbol is not in the symbol browser.
When loading other drawings the symbol is shown.

How can i get the symbol back as cutting and pasteing from another drawing will not work, as it insert 4 small crosses instead of the tile symbol required.

Has anyone had this problem before and what can be done about it, this is the first glitch since i started using datacad. Apologise if this has been reported before.

Regards
Bruce. :?
#10743 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:10 am
Hi Bruce & welcome,

The thing to know about symbols, is that once they are inserted in a drawing, they reside in the drawing "header". If you want to load the version from the hard drive, you can use the Reload from Disk option. Or, if there are no visible instances of the symbol, you can use the Purge Unused tool; and then reinsert it.

You cannot redefine a symbol with itself. You can nest symbols within symbols, but they have to have different names. And when exploding symbols, don't use the old (< V10) DCX macro.

IHTH
#10771 by Bruce111
Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:24 am
Thanks for the help! Neil.

Regards.
Bruce